About Me

My photo
My name is Shantell Marie Arnold. I am very loyal to my friends and I try my best to help them out in anyway I can. My hobbies include playing volleyball, sewing, cooking, eating, swimming, biking, hiking and writing poetry. If you would like to read some of my poems, just let me know and I will be more than happy to upload some.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Violence on television

Does violence on television play a major role in the behaviour/development of a child? In my opinion, it does because children are like sponges.  They take in everything they see and later on they will eventually do it.  It's somewhat like a "Monkey see monkey do" type of thing.  If a child constantly watches violent movies, you will notice that the child will become more aggressive.  Anyway, enough of my blabbering, what is your opinion? 

7 comments:

  1. so tru..we all want to be like the ppl on tv and i believe thats why people are failing now a days..to much technology

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's true... bcz I am a big time wreslting fan n when my siblings and i are watching it we always try the move on each other. Figure-4, STFU, Sphere... NO mind wa time one of us got hurt n mamz rail up. We still do it again... That's as far as i go from of violence off the TV. Its among my Family in my home.
    Volleyball Chica

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is almost a natural that most children will try out what they see and hear,especially on t.v. Actors try so hard to get it right and to make it look so cool,unfurtunately this is very actractive to youg minds.On the other hand we need to train the young minds to fro very early to feed the brain with possitive. Encourage them not to give in to negativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT?! I`m not violent and i watch tons of violent movies, like 300, Fighting, RED and i`m perfectly not a psycho with a gun collection( Yes i have a black belt and an extensive Knife and Sword collection, and my backyard looks like Freddy Kruger tried to climb all my trees with one hand) but yeah, i`m not Impressionable by violent things.XP lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree shantz... kids practice wat they see n hear. like the other day wen my lil 3yr old nephew heard the F word on a movie his dad was watching... he heard it all thru d movie n d next day, the dude felt brave n just used the word. he said it was ok caz d tv said it n his dad didnt lash d tv... lol. then him n his bro like play gun fight like wat they see on tv... very corruptive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I do, children do what they see!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that's it is true Shants but parents have to learn sometimes , ways that they can discipline their children. There will be other places where your children can pick up unpleasant behaviors from.

    At the end of the day parents can barr their children from watching certain things in their company and teach them that certain things that are age appropraite for older person. This wasy at the very least you will hope that they will keep that same frame of mind. After all they are sponges............let's hope they soak up that :)

    ReplyDelete