About Me

My photo
My name is Shantell Marie Arnold. I am very loyal to my friends and I try my best to help them out in anyway I can. My hobbies include playing volleyball, sewing, cooking, eating, swimming, biking, hiking and writing poetry. If you would like to read some of my poems, just let me know and I will be more than happy to upload some.

Monday, October 25, 2010

PATIENCE

They say it is a virtue but after this weekend, I've come to realize that I do not posses that virtue.  I say this because I was listening to my radio and some of the people who called in, I just wanted to knock them out!!! NEMO gave advisory to leave your homes and go to a shelter if you know your house isn't strong enough to withstand the hurricane, yet during the storm, there were people calling in for someone to go help them!!! Mr. Rene Villanueva and Ms. Carmen Arana has alot of patience!!! How in the mixes would they know how long the storm will last? Plus, we are in the midst of the hurricane season and people don't have at least one battery powered radio?!  Then they will call in with attitude complaining that they know nothing and they don't have radio so they want a summary of what is going on... Whose fault is that?! I tell you...   I hope those who stayed at home sees this as a wake up call... Anyways, I would like to thank the Lord for sparing all our lives and may He guide us throughout the rest of the hurricane season.  He is truley an amazing God.  He did his part, now let us do ours and help to restore the damages done...

6 comments:

  1. yea i agree...belizeans should have been ready for they received ample warning!
    prittybree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know...it's Mrs. Carmen Barrow :)

    Some people need to feel before they understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humble apologies to Mrs. Carmen Barrow... I neim know weh I get Arana from but I think that's what I've been hearing on the Radio... Must have mixed her up with another Carmen...

    ReplyDelete
  4. IKR!!! They bloody simple people... They know they live ina wa poco-tiempo house and they wa play brave soldier... Aye... I worry bout mi belizeans...
    They d endanger their life and the people who have to go save them. If they mi get out from the start, it would have made life much easier...
    Volleyball Chica

    ReplyDelete
  5. so very true... ppl this was a warning. we need to get serious. we cant depend on others all the time. plus dem ppl mi kinda tick me off girl caz my husband had to be driving around in that hurricane trying to rescue their crazy a**es. i was ticked off as hell. anyways. just keep in mind dat its not over yet n try to be considerate n just evacuate caz those ppl at NEMO and other govt places have their own families to be concerned about...
    LEE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I guess they will all learn a lesson from this because they take things too lightly. It is better to be safe than sorry

    ReplyDelete