About Me

My photo
My name is Shantell Marie Arnold. I am very loyal to my friends and I try my best to help them out in anyway I can. My hobbies include playing volleyball, sewing, cooking, eating, swimming, biking, hiking and writing poetry. If you would like to read some of my poems, just let me know and I will be more than happy to upload some.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

DETENTION

I remember back in high school there was a thing called "detention" which was suppose to be some form of punishment for wrong done and should make the child learn from their mistake and not do it again.  However, I also remember the anger I felt when I had to serve detention.  I spoke to some other people as well and ask, "How do you feel when you are given detention?" and most of them answered that it made them want to do more especially when they know they were not wrong.  So, my question to you then, is: Does detention really serve a purpose? Why or why not?

4 comments:

  1. Good question, Yes it does serve a purpose, but it works only on some people. I believe that at the age of 15 and 16 you are so immature and thats why u end up in detention. Its a part of growing up...and if you dnt grow up you get kicked out:]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well in my case.. I never did serve detention... I guess I could be considered as a teacher's pet back in those days.. Lol. I really wonder how it feels to be in it tho...
    From what I have seen, I don't really think it teaches the students anything caz they always end up in detention again..

    ReplyDelete
  3. IF YOU DONT DO THE CRIME THEN YOU DONT SERVE THE TIME =_=.... X_x....i only served detention once and i paid someone to serve it for me -_-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dnt think i works because I was one of those persons that it just never affected. I served my detention with a smile on my face and a broom in my hand. Lol!!! I was very non-chalant about the whole detention thing.

    ReplyDelete