About Me

My photo
My name is Shantell Marie Arnold. I am very loyal to my friends and I try my best to help them out in anyway I can. My hobbies include playing volleyball, sewing, cooking, eating, swimming, biking, hiking and writing poetry. If you would like to read some of my poems, just let me know and I will be more than happy to upload some.

Monday, November 15, 2010

MUSIC

Let's try something different for a change.  I'll open with some quotes:

  • Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.  ~Berthold Auerbach
  • Music is the medicine of the mind.  ~John A. Logan
  • Without music life would be a mistake.  ~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
  • Music is the poetry of the air.  ~Richter
  • If music be the food of love, then play on. ~William Shakespeare
  • Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.  ~Robert Fripp
  • Where words fail, music speaks. ~Hans Andersen
 I believe all of you guys listen to music right? However, we all have different preferences of genres and so on.  Some of us listen to the beat, some listen to just the words, others listen to both.  What type of music do you prefer and why?  If you like, you can also share you favorite quote about music.


6 comments:

  1. I listen to any type of music, from jazz to metal, depends on when it catches my ear drums. favorite music quote,"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung." Voltaire. XP

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i love souls musicespecially d ones frm the 90's....besides that, n e music comes after that...it does mater

    ReplyDelete
  3. A short list is what kind of music i don't like: heavy metal, alternative... Besides that i enjoy all types of music. Slow ones, fast ones, and in between. Music helps me to get thing done faster... Like when i clean, listening to music at a certain level makes me less lazy n more effective.
    Volleyball Chica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur, it's like it gives you that extra push to continue your work hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. so very tru luv... i like my music to be nice n slow at most times caz i like to take life easy... lol. i dont really like fast music caz i think i move in slow mo but anyways... luv dancehall n reggae wen i need some conscious vybes. cant satnd rock n heavy metal n all those other inanimate objects. lol. they just gimme a headache.
    Miss Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love music.....I listen mainly to metal/rock....I also like to indugle in the lighter side of things and listen to stuff by India Arie and Anthony Hammilton. The one thing I don't listen to is techno.....Never would be caught dead listening to that stuff sober.....

    "Music is the ait around me and songs are the oxygen.......... So every day I breathe so I can survive"

    ReplyDelete