About Me

My photo
My name is Shantell Marie Arnold. I am very loyal to my friends and I try my best to help them out in anyway I can. My hobbies include playing volleyball, sewing, cooking, eating, swimming, biking, hiking and writing poetry. If you would like to read some of my poems, just let me know and I will be more than happy to upload some.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Social Networking

I was looking for an interesting blog topic and stumbled upon social networking.  I think it is an advantage in the sense that it keeps you connected with friends and relatives near and far.  However, it also has its disadvantage to me being the fact that it decreases face-to-face interactions. A typical example is where you have children in the same house but different rooms chatting to each other on their laptops, PCs or even itouch.  So, this brings us to my question: What, in your opinion, is the advantage(s) and/or disadvantage(s) of social networking? 

6 comments:

  1. I may seem very outspoken on facebook... bout people who know me knows, that i'm a shy girl... this is a sometimes confusing situation for me.
    Volleyball chica

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?! Well I mussy nuh know you caz you nuh shy!!! LOL... Or maybe you shy ina "REAL LIFE" LMAO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl didnt i alraedy omment on this? i think its good 4 those ppl who face distance issues but it really deprives individuals of interpersonal relations... caz ppl wa always wa d chat instead de just pick up dem lazy self n go holla at their frenz...
    Miss Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Miss Lee, if you did comment, it would have been here my love... lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cinnaman why u hating on a lost sistah? aye... dis da weh i d se bout fu we generation... dem noh look out fi each ada like d past generations... lol ah worry namu.
    Miss Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think one advantage of social networking is that it makes it easier to locate family members. For me I found some family members that are in places all over the world that I didn't even know of. That's one god thing because its helping us bring our family a bit closer together.

    Even with that there is a sort of disconnect with social networking. The example you gave is a perfect one. There is no need for kids to be chatting from separate rooms with each other from the same house. They could be outside doig some kind of activity or even in the same room of talking to each other.

    Social networking takes away certain intimacies that come along with havign a face to face encounter......But everything has its flaws.

    ReplyDelete