About Me

My photo
My name is Shantell Marie Arnold. I am very loyal to my friends and I try my best to help them out in anyway I can. My hobbies include playing volleyball, sewing, cooking, eating, swimming, biking, hiking and writing poetry. If you would like to read some of my poems, just let me know and I will be more than happy to upload some.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Way 7 - Decide how you'll behave yourself before the dat [not during the date!]

The prudent see danger and take refudge, but the simple keep going and suffer from it. Proverbs 27:12.

If you contineu to date somebody who behaves foolishly or impulsively, then sooner or later, you'll probably find yourself doing impulsive things too. And that's bad... very bad. So here's an ironclad rule for maintaining your self-respect and your sanity: If you find yourself out on a date with an impulsive person who's pressuring you to betray your values, go home and go home fast. Otherwise, before you know it, you'll be in more trouble than you can imagine. When you feel pressured to do things - or to compromise yourself - in ways that lead you away from God, you're heading straight for major league problems. The best time to decide how you'll behave yourself is before you go out on a date (not during a date!) So don't do the "easy" thing and don't do the impulsive thing. Do the right thing and do it every time.

The Bible says:

To acquire wisdom is to love oneself; people who cherish understanding will prosper. Proverbs 19:8

Whoever listens to what is taught will succeed, and whoever trusts the Lord will be happy. Proverbs 16:20
Anyone who listens to my teachings and obeys me is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse, because it is built on rock. Matthew 7:24-15

Great Thoughts:

You're busy with all the pressures of the world around you, but in that busyness you're missing the most important element of all - God's ongoing presence that is available to you. ~Bill Hybels

How busy we have become...and as a result, how empty! ~Charles Swindoll

Summary: Put the breaks on impulsive behavior... before impulsive behavior puts the breaks on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment