About Me

My photo
My name is Shantell Marie Arnold. I am very loyal to my friends and I try my best to help them out in anyway I can. My hobbies include playing volleyball, sewing, cooking, eating, swimming, biking, hiking and writing poetry. If you would like to read some of my poems, just let me know and I will be more than happy to upload some.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Way 3 - Understand that premarital sex is wrong

But because sexual sin is a danger, each man should have his own wife, and each woman should have her own husband. 1 Corinthians 7:2.

The fact that you are reading these words means that you're concerned about the issues of abstinence - and you should be. You live in a society that is filled to the brim with temptations, distractions, and distortions about sex. You are bombarded with images that glamorize sex outside marriage. In fact, you are subjected to new pressures and problems that were largely unknown to earlier generations. And at every corner, or so it seems, you are confronted with the message that premarital sex is a harmless activity, something that should be considered "recreational". That message is a terrible lie with tragic consequences. God has a plan for your life, a plan that does not include sex before marriage. So do yourself a favor: wait. Abstinence is a choice: your choice. Please choose wisely.

The Bible says:

You will teach me how to live a holy life. Being with you will fill me with joy; at your right hand I will find pleasure forever. Psalm 16:11.

You can be sure of this: The Lord has set apart the godly for himself. Psalm 4:3.

But wisdom will help you be good and do what is right. Proverbs 2:20.

Great thoughts:

To many, total abstinence is easier than perfect moderation. ~St. Augustine.

Your thoughts are the determining factor as to whose mold you are conformed to. Control your thoughts and you control the direction of your life. ~Charles Stanley.

Summary: If you're thinking about having sex before marriage, then you should also think long and hard about the options you'll have if you conceive a child. The best time to think about the responsibilities of being a parent is before you get the results of the pregnancy test, not after. And, if thinking about those options leaves you with a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach, then don't have sex until you're married.

No comments:

Post a Comment