About Me

My photo
My name is Shantell Marie Arnold. I am very loyal to my friends and I try my best to help them out in anyway I can. My hobbies include playing volleyball, sewing, cooking, eating, swimming, biking, hiking and writing poetry. If you would like to read some of my poems, just let me know and I will be more than happy to upload some.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Way 11 - Decide how far is too far [And stand firm by your decision]

All who indulge in a sinful life are dangerously lawless, for sin is a major disruption of God's order. 1 John 3:4

How far is too far? It's a question that lost of people ask themselves, and you probably will too. And to discover the answer, think about it like this: the Bible teaches that your body isn't just a body, it's a temple - God's temple. And if you're dating a person who won't keep their hands to themselves, they're trying to trash that temple. Don't let them do it! And remember: it's not okay to trash the temple 'just a little bit' - don't trash it at all! Father's order.

The Bible says:

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 1:9

Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us. Hebrews 12:1

Since we've compiled this long and sorry record as sinners (both us and them) and proved that we are utterly incapable of living the glorious lives God wills for us, God did it for us. Out of sheer generousity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. Romans 3:23

Great Thoughts:

Sin is in the world. And sin is "missing the mark," missing God's perfect plan. There is so much of this missing the mark that it is going to impinge on every person's life at some point.~Catherine Marshall

Repentance is a complete surrender of my sinfulness to the only One who can cleanse me from all sin, and that is Jesus Christ.~Elisabeth Elliot

Summary: Never accept blatant dishonesty as a part of any relationship, and never accept physical or emotional abuse from anyone, especially those people who are closest to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment