About Me

My photo
My name is Shantell Marie Arnold. I am very loyal to my friends and I try my best to help them out in anyway I can. My hobbies include playing volleyball, sewing, cooking, eating, swimming, biking, hiking and writing poetry. If you would like to read some of my poems, just let me know and I will be more than happy to upload some.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Way 4 - Hang out with the right crowd

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17.

Some friends encourage you to obey God - these friends help you make wise choices. Other friends put you in situations where you are tempted to disobey God - these friends tempt you to make unwise choices. Are you hanging out with - and dating - people who, by their presence and their influence, make you a better Christian? Or are you spending time with people who encourage you to stray from your faith? The answer to this question will help determine the condition of both your relationship and your spiritual health. One of the best ways to ensure that you follow Christ is to find fellow believers who are willing to follow Him with you. And if you can't find friends like that, you're looking in the wrong places.

The Bible says:

I thank my God upon every rememberance of you. Philipians 1:3.

Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 1 John 4:11.

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13.

Great Thoughts:

Those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it. ~Rick Warren

We, as God's people, are not only to stay far away from sin and sinners who would entice us, but we are to be so like our God that we mourn over sein. ~Kay Arthur

Summary: If you want to meet new people, go to the places where you are likely to bump into the kind of people you want to meet: you probably won't find the right kind of person in the wrong kind of place.

No comments:

Post a Comment