About Me

My photo
My name is Shantell Marie Arnold. I am very loyal to my friends and I try my best to help them out in anyway I can. My hobbies include playing volleyball, sewing, cooking, eating, swimming, biking, hiking and writing poetry. If you would like to read some of my poems, just let me know and I will be more than happy to upload some.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Way 1 - Decide who's first (if you answered God, you're right)

No one has seen God, ever. But if we love one another, God dwells deeply within us, and his love becomes complete in us -- perfect love! This is how we know we're living steadily and deeply in him, and he in us: He's given us life from his life, from his very own Spirit. 1 John 4:12-13

Here's a quick quiz: Whose expectations are you trying to meet?
A. Your date's expectations
B. Society's expectations
C. God's expectations

If you're a Christian, the correct answer is C., but if you're overly concerned with either A. or B., you're not alone. Plenty of people invest too much energy trying to please their peers' (or their date's) expectations and too little energy trying to please God. It's a common behavior, but it's also a very big mistake.

A better strategy, of course, is to try to please God first. To do so, you must prioritize your life --and your relationships--according to God's commandments.

Are you having trouble choosing between God's priorities and society's priorities? Are you feeling overwhelmed or confused? If so, turn the concerns over to God--prayerfully, earnestly, and often. Then, listen for His answer... and trust the answer He gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment