About Me

My photo
My name is Shantell Marie Arnold. I am very loyal to my friends and I try my best to help them out in anyway I can. My hobbies include playing volleyball, sewing, cooking, eating, swimming, biking, hiking and writing poetry. If you would like to read some of my poems, just let me know and I will be more than happy to upload some.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Only God can judge me

Why is it that people feel they have to discriminate or be stereotypical about others just because they don't have the same beliefs and values as they do?  Why can't we all just accept one another for who we are?  I've been in many situations whereby I am judged by my beliefs and values and quite frankly, I don't care.  If you can't love me for me then I don't need you to be a part of my life because I value standing up for what I believe in.  I am lead to believe that alot of people don't understand the "GOLDEN RULE" which clearly states "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".  I say this because I am 100% sure that these same people that enjoy judging others won't like if the tables turned and others judged them.  This reminds me of a song that I like from Lady Sovereign called "Love me or hate me"... I especially liked this part that says,


Love me or hate me, it's still an obsession.
Love me or hate me, that is the question.
If you love me then, thank you!
If you hate me then, **** you! 


So my loyal "followers" how do you feel when others judge you? Does it affect you in any way?  How do you deal with it?

3 comments:

  1. I agree chica...
    U knw i neva knw dats a song...lol
    BUt yea... i hate when people judge me, especially on things they would do and they think i might do the same. I am not you, i am my own person and have my own ways of doing things. Never measure me with you we are all different but yet somehow the same. If you get where i am coming from.

    I love you just the way you are chica!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg!! i can go on alllllll nighhhhtttt about this..n btw iii loovee that song....!! people just sit back and jusge you they don't know anything about you!! they only talk because they heard or they dislike cerrtain things about you or they are jealous..just be real..everyone is different and unique that's what makes us alll special..if you don't like me or what i believe in then as one of the chartt toopeeeeerrrss suggesst ***k youuuuu!!lol...p.s. if you don;t like me please don't be laughin up around me n grinding me behind my back cuz then you'll see what happens when i see more than one faces on one body..that's not natural and i shall show oyu what happens to unnatural beings around me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Shantz... I know I judge and sometimes I'm wrong but atleast at times I allow people the opportunity to show me that they're different. But girl sometimes you know exactly who are fake. Quite frankly, I dont care in the least about people who judge me. Whoever wants to play judge judy can gor right ahead but the people who are important in my life are the only people's opinions I care about. Like they always say... "People who matter don't mind and people who mind DON'T MATTER"!!!!

    ReplyDelete