About Me

My photo
My name is Shantell Marie Arnold. I am very loyal to my friends and I try my best to help them out in anyway I can. My hobbies include playing volleyball, sewing, cooking, eating, swimming, biking, hiking and writing poetry. If you would like to read some of my poems, just let me know and I will be more than happy to upload some.

Friday, October 29, 2010

HALLOWEEN

In light of HALLOWEEN, I've changed the mood a bit and decided to post a poem I wrote.  What do you think? Do you like? Be honest, I won't get mad lol

It is here,
The day many little children fear
When all the dead creatures 
Are represented with strange features.
It may be a simple bat flying overhead
Or even a mummy wrapped in its bed.
The fact remains, they cause great fright,
To children when they sleep at night.
Some of these creatures include:
If I may not be too rude-
Goblins who swap human babies with their own
The reason why is currently unknown.
Witches were known to posses magical powers
And gargoyles were stone monsters on towers.
People who regained life were called zombies
And demons were known to take over bodies.
This leaves me with only one question, 
Did these creatures really exist?
Or were they just pigments of our imagination?
Some people would insist,
It's just plain superstition.
By: Shantell Arnold

6 comments:

  1. Wow, great work. Liked that it rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me Likey....
    U go girl... Expresss yourself...
    I think da jus superstition... But at times i still play fool-fool n act all scared.
    If thunder n lightening was apart of halloween i would be so terrified of the day...
    BOO!!!
    Volleyball Chica

    ReplyDelete
  3. i lov it shants..amd talent if i may say so myself:)
    prittybree

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked it... scary if u imagine wat u're reading but hilarious if u believe that they're not real. thats wat a good poet does. expression from different angles. plus it rhymed!! lol awesome job!!!
    MISS LEE

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're talented sis! keep it up! Love you :-)

    ReplyDelete